Friday, March 10, 2017

QUILTS and QUILT RETREAT

This quilt is called "My Favorite Things".  Every block is hand appliqued.  I took a class and have been working on it for over a year.  Finally done and up on the wall in my sewing room.  I changed some of the blocks so they truly represented my person favorite things.... Pepsi, for instance.... and bike rides and grandkids.  On the side and across the top I stitched..... "I simply remember.... my favorite things.... and then I don't feel so bad."
Another great quilt I just finished.  I started it with Sandy Spencer and a friend, Shannon Morgan.  We had plans to do it all together at retreat but I was the only one that ended up working on it.  I got it done after the retreat pictured below.  But I did work on it an retreat.  

I have never made a quilt in a day until this day....
The quilt below was cut out when I got to the retreat.  I was determined I was going to make it in one day.... and I did.  It was an easy pattern but I really like it!

Our Feast Table.... We have great food at the retreats!!  From left to right around the table is
Carol Watson (Cortnie's friend - empty chair is Cortnie's - she's taking picture) Joan Orton, Me, Lani Brower, Kelli (Lani's neice) Shannon Morgan and Shannon's friend (can't remember her name)

Cortnie and Carol at our stitching table. Dorothy is front and center in this photo.  Love that little machine.  You can see the can of pepsi and bowls of M&Ms in the middle.
No retreat is complete without them!
Our view from the exercise room.  We saw some little badgers our there playing in the water
Made this table topper in a class.   Have to add wool strawberries around the black strip.
This is the quilt Cortnie made.The green one above that I made in a day...and this one of Cortnie's were made from the "give away" kits at the last retreat.  We combined our fabrics.... she used the whites, I used the greens and we shared the prints.  



No comments:

Post a Comment